We at Cork Weddings Magazine would like to extend our sincere sympathies to those who have had to postpone their wedding due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. We understand the amount of careful planning and preparation that goes into this day and we wish you the very best on your new wedding date.
For those who may be hosting an intimate wedding with reduced numbers later in the year, here are some ideas to make your day as special as possible:
- Chapels: In Cork, we have some beautiful chapels suitable to host small numbers, for example, the Honan Chapel, UCC; St. Finbarr’s Oratory, Gougane Barra; St. Enda’s Church, Johnstown; and St. Fachtna’s Church, Glandore.
- Country houses: Some unique intimate venues to check out include Barnabrow House, Cloyne; Flemings Restaurant, Tivoli; Ballinacurra House, Kinsale.
- Garden: If you’re hoping for good weather, you can decorate a garden space with fairy lights, boho décor and more. Of course, it might be best to also have a plan B in this country!
- Restaurant: Book a private room or reserve a long table to host your guests post-ceremony. You may have to be prepared to be treated like royalty by other diners though - no paparazzi please!
- Create your own playlist: Create a wedding playlist of all the songs that mean something to you and your partner. You can ask guests to choose their own song when sending out invites and include their suggestions in the playlist.
Got any more tips or suggestions? Send them to us at email@example.com or on social media @corkweddingsmagazine!